Visit the AOTV Vault: http://vault.australianopentv.com/
Classic Australian Open matches can now be viewed and searched by tennis fans around the world at the AOTV Vault, powered by Wazee Digital’s T3 Platform. This exciting video treasure chest –http://vault.australianopentv.com/– showcases 113 full length matches and memorable moments from 1998 to 2011, featuring great champions of Melbourne Park including Andre Agassi, Martina Hingis, Monica Seles, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Pete Sampras and Marat Safin. Wazee Digital is working with Tennis Australia to manage and curate both archival and future matches, enabling them for a range of uses globally. These include web access and research, delivery to third parties, master quality backup, and rich new consumer experiences such as the AOTV Vault.
Each match in the AOTV Vault comes with full commentary and users can search the vault by player, year, championship matches, comebacks or great upsets. Matches have been curated with rich metadata so that users can easily find important moments whether searching for highlights, set points, match points, break points, cracking aces, epic rallies and sensational winners. Fans can also share moments with friends via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter.
The AOTV Vault gives tennis fans the opportunity to relive memorable matches and moments such as:
- Roger Federer’s 2011 semifinal against Novak Djokovic, watch here.
- Rafael Nadal’s classic five-set semifinal (2009) against compatriot Fernando Verdasco, watch here.
- The 4.34 am finish of the epic third round clash between Lleyton Hewitt and Marcos Baghdatis (2008), watch here.
- Patrick Rafter’s heartbreaking semifinal loss to Andre Agassi on a steamy Thursday night (2001), watch here.
- Marat Safin’s five-set struggle over Andre Agassi in 2004 when the powerful Russian claimed a crucial service break midway through the fifth to hang on for a 7-6(6) 7-6(6) 1-6 6-3 triumph, watch here.
- Czech Petr Korda’s remarkable five-set comeback over the more fancied Swede Jonas Bjorkman in the 1998 quarterfinals, watch here.
- Martina Hingis’ wily outfoxing of Conchita Martinez in 1998 to capture the women’s final, watch here.